NSBA Hall of Fame
NSBA Hall of Fame Award Winners: Horses / Individuals / Riders
The NSBA Hall of Fame is established to recognize those individuals and horses that have made significant contributions to NSBA with exhibition and constant promotion of the Pleasure Horse. It is a distinct honor to be inducted into the NSBA Hall of Fame as it showcases people who have put forth great effort and maintain a high level of integrity while promoting the industry.
- A notice of nominations of people and horses will go out to the member of NSBA. The nomination applications are available below.
- The notice for nominations will include criteria for the nominations and procedures outlining the schedule that will lead to the final recommendations submitted to the Board of Directors. Nominees (people and horses) shall meet the criteria for the Hall of Fame before being listed on the list of candidates to be considered. A current member of the Board of Directors is not eligible for the nomination. Past Presidents are eligible.
- The nomination deadline will be December 1st prior to the proposed induction year. Nominees shall be considered for a period of 3 years after receipt of their nomination. They may be re-nominated after a 3 year waiting period if not inducted during the first 3 year period.
- Nominator is encourage to nominate an NSBA member who has had an impact on the National Snaffle Bit Association as a promoter, breeder, competitor, trainer, or in other ways a contributor of his/her time and talents to the benefit of the Association.
- Nominator must submit as complete a biography as possible on the nominee. The more information provided on the nominee that fits the criteria, the better possibility of the selection to the Hall of Fame.
- A Hall of Fame Committee appointed by the Executive Committee shall review all of the new nominees prior to the spring Board of Directors meeting. They will review the criteria and place worthy candidates on the ballot. The ballot will be presented to the voting committees for each category along with information supporting each nominee. Every effort should be made to present a fair and balanced report on each nominee. The last recorded owner shall receive the award.
The following categories will be considered:
People or Entity
Members Hall of Fame: This category recognizes those members who have made outstanding contributions to the NSBA through unselfish efforts. This is to honor those individuals who have exhibited high more character, good sportsmanship, fairness and an exemplary contribution of time, effort and interest in NSBA and its basic endeavors.
Horse (Horses shall be selected by the Board of Directors with input from the Hall of Fame committee)
Breeding Horse: the inductee must have been an outstanding sire or damn for a period of years. The horse's own show career will be taken into consideration. One stallion and one mare may be honored every year. Stallions must have remarkable record as a sire of NSBA horses with earnings, points and titles as well as broodmare sire statistics. Broodmares must have been prolific producers of NSBA horses in earning,s points and titles with more than one successful foal. Horses should be selected based on NSBA competition chronologically, honoring older horses first. Inductees into the horse category must be deceased. The last recorded owner shall receive the award.
Show Horse: The inductee should be selected based on an outstanding record as a competitor in NSBA events having brought exceptional visibility to the National Snaffle Bit Association. Accomplishments considered will be show record, lifetime earnings, titles and importance of horse in the era it was shown. Inductees into the show horse category must be retired or deceased. The last recorded owner shall receive the award.
Nomination deadline is December 1st prior to the proposed induction year.
Download and fill out the following nomination forms listed below and return to the NSBA office. The winners will be announced at the annual awards banquet.
Hall of Fame Inductees - Individuals
The Hall of Fame program is designed to represent the best of the history of pleasure horse industry. Members are encourage to nominate people or an entity deserving of recognition. The nominee should be a member whop has made a outstanding contribution to NSBA though unselfish efforts. This is to honor those who have exhibited high moral character, good sportsmanship, fairness and an exemplary contribution of time, effort and interest in the NSBA and its basic endeavors. The winners will be announced at our annual awards banquet.
Hall of Fame Inductees - Riders
The Hall of Fame program is designed to represent the best of the history of the pleasure horse industry. A NSBA rider will be inducted into the Hall of Fame the year following the year in which he/she has obtained earnings totaling $250,000 or more. All NSBA earnings (HUS, LL and WP combined) will count in a rider's earnings figures from 1984 through the present year. Starting in 2011, these riders will be inducted into the Quarter Million Dollar Club.
- 1989 - Leo Barbera
- 1989 - Walter Huges
- 1992 - Joe Geeslin
- 1992 - Tom Powers
- 1995 - Ohio Quarter Horse Association
- 2000 - American Quarter Horse Association
- 2001 - Jody Galyean
- 2002 - Gary Trubee
- 2003 - Archie Kelly
- 2004 - Jack Bound
- 2004 - Guy Stoops
- 2005 - American Paint Horse Association
- 2005 - Connie Hill
- 2006 - Tom Chown
- 2007 - Vic Clark
- 2008 - Jim Dudley
- 2009 - Bob and Ann Perry
- 2010 - Debbie Popp Hubbard
- 2011 - Kenneth Banks
- 2012 - Suzy Jeane
- 2013 - June Warren
- 2014 - Stephen Stephens
- 2015 - Fritz and Carole Leeman
- 2016 - The Hannagan Family
- 2016 - Dianne Eppers
- 2000 - Jon Barry
- 2000 - Gil Galyean
- 2000 - Keith Whistle
- 2001 - Steve Heckaman
- 2001 - Cleve Wells
- 2006 - Ty Hornick
- 2008 - Trisha Yamber
- 2008 - Randy R Wilson
- 2008 - Tina Kaven
- 2008 - Rusty Green
- 2009 - Kenny Larkins
- 2010 - Beth Case
- 2010 - Shane Dowdy
- 2010 - Jay Starnes