NSBA Crisis Fund
Established to help fellow professionals, the NSBA Crisis Fund is part of the longstanding support the National Snaffle Bit Association offers its professional members.
Distributions from the NSBA Crisis Fund will be based on proven financial need, arising from sudden demonstrable hardship or disaster of a severe and unexpected nature, or from serious physical illness. Such distributions shall be limited to the relief of the poor and distressed or the underprivileged. Therefore, before any distributions, the committee may require evidence of proven financial need. If requested, an applicant will send their last year's tax return to the Association's CPA.
- Limited to any NSBA member, or immediate family member of, that is a horse trainer by primary occupation, this would be one who received 50% of his/her income from the act of training horses. Immediate family member is defined as spouse, child, stepchild and/or legal ward.
- Must be an NSBA member for two consecutive years.
- Member applying for assistance must:
1. Have a referal for assistance through their NSBA Area Director or National Director.
2. Complete the Application for Assistance Form found in the NSBA Foundation Forms and Documents library below.
For more information or to make a donation to the NSBA Trainers Crisis Fund, please contact the NSBA Office at (847)-623-6722.